Wednesday, March 6, 2013

WIP Wed, West Coast Edition: PQ5 and Organic Progress


When I first bought the fabric for my Organic Chemistry Quilt, I first cut a generous "border" from the selvage of the fabric in order to resew it back on to look like the margins of a page.  I finally sewed this back on.  I also decided that I'm going to pre-wash the batting to try to minimize the shrinkage.  I don't always do this, as it's a big hassle, and takes time, but I think it does help a bit.  Tomorrow I hope to start pin basting it!

One good thing about having this top finally done is that I can now add these yummy scraps to my scrap bin!!

This week's "Project Quilting" challenge is to take our inspiration from the page 28 of any publication.  Wish Spring right around the corner, seed catalogs are on just about all of our  tables and counter tops. I'm itching to make something "Springy", so I'm hoping to make a project based on the page above!

Finally, I just turned in my final quilt block swap that I've been doing for the last 6 months at my local quilt store. Above is what I turned in, and below is what I picked up (from Feb).  I LOVE that Tula Pink frog!!
Be sure to check out what others are up to at Freshly Pieced WIP Wed!

2 comments:

  1. I think I like the blocks you swapped better!!! I thihk they would make a great quilt all by themselves! Sounds like you have a handle on your ChemQuilt.

    ReplyDelete