Thursday, October 30, 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Steam Punk Lone Star Quilt

It's that time of year again!  I decided at the last minute to join once again in Amy's Creative Side's Blogger's Quilt Festival.  The only quilt that I've finished since her Spring Festival is my Lone Star Steam Punk Quilt, which I'm entering into the large quilt category.






This quilt is 85" by 85" and was made for my youngest son from a pattern called "Two plus 2", by Colleen Blackwood.  I deviated a bit from the pattern in the outside border.  It uses 2 jelly rolls and 2 yards of fabric.  I also decided to make mine monochromatic, based on my son's "style", and cut my own strips.  I did my own quilting on my domestic machine, adding gears, pulleys and "fire" to contribute to the "Steampunk" theme.

Be sure to click the link above to see all of the other wonderful quilts!!

4 comments:

  1. I really like that color scheme, Becky. Very nice quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this has worked beautifully I am sure your son must love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is really fantastic. Love the whole steampunk theme; especially the gears that you quilted. Wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steam Punk is gorgeous! Isn't it fun to make quilts for our boys? :)

    ReplyDelete