Friday, July 6, 2012

Tie-Dye Friday


Just thought I'd share some tie-dye things the boys and I made.  I love to make a few T-shirts each summer with them, and so far, as they get older, they still like to do them!  It's been a long time since we did tie-dye together, but I've been itching to dye fabric, so I got a small kit that had everything you need to make 5 shirts.  One thing I learned is that the house we now live in is not really set up to dye things.  We have 3 sinks, 2 bathroom sinks and the kitchen sink, and that's it.  I had to use camping dish bins and the grass lawn as my studio, so it may be a while before I try it again.  But here's a few pictures to share!!
I couldn't resist dying a few pieces of white fabric, but I used too much dye, and the red centers became a dark mess as the darker blue migrated into them.  Oh well.  It was a fun thing to do with the kiddos!

1 comment:

  1. Fun! This is on my to-do list for the kids this summer. What kit did you use? These are nice and bright. The last tie dye we did the colors were really washed out.

    ReplyDelete