Wednesday, July 18, 2012

WIP Wed: Shotgun House Mini-Quilt, and Sheep Dog Trials


Here's the progress on my latest sewing project, a mini-wall hanging quilt of a "shotgun" house that's very common in New Orleans.  I'm almost done with it, after having to simplify it a bit.  I'm deciding if I should just sew on the gray "sidewalk", or add steps.  I've been trying to keep track of all of the measurements so that I can make it again.  So far, so good.

Over the week-end, I tried to see the quilt that I'd made for the lavender festival, but the winds were so high, that they had to take them all down.  I did stop by the quilt shop, where they'd taken them, and got to see the other 15 quilts in the contest.  They were all so amazing!  I'm afraid the windowless back room of the shop wasn't ideal conditions for pictures though.  Sorry.

We also checked out another festival in a nearby town, the Caldonia Festival in Athena, Oregon.  It was the first time I'd been, and was a really neat experience.  They hold sheep dog agility trials all week-end, and we happened to be there during the "novice" class.  I LOVE dog agility trials... proof that dogs really are "man's (and woman's) best friend".  Enjoy!!




3 comments:

  1. I love that house block! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's a great house block. :) I'm looking forward to checking out the Scottish festival in the Denver area in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Becky. Really cute block--nice to see a different twist on the house block.
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete