Wednesday, October 24, 2012

WIP Wed: Too Much Housework

It's that time of year that I get into "food banking".  I know cold and flu season is here, and devote some time each fall making double and triple batches of meals to freeze for times where I'm too sick to cook.  Sure does make things easier.  Yesterday I made a huge pot of chili, 4 loaves of bread, as well as the usual loads of laundry dishes, cleaning, grocery shopping, etc... SO not much sewing got done.  As I pulled out peppers from our freezer, I was keenly aware that we've already used up almost half of what I "put up" this summer.  Such is life with a house full of boys and men...

I did however, get the binding all ready to put onto my Modern Granny Quilt, and trimmed up the edges really nice.  It's a dark rainy day today, so my picture isn't great.
(predawn this morning)


I also got a package of fabric in the mail this week, from a $20 gift certificate I won at Pink Chalk Fabrics, courtesy of "From the Blank Pages" 80's Friendship bracelet quilt along.  I won a randomly drawn prize!!  Whew hew!  Thank you Diane!  Thank you Pink Chalk Fabrics!  I ordered some solid fabric to go with my Tula Pink stash, and have already started cutting into it. Service was fast, and the cuts were generous.  I will be ordering from them again, I'm sure!

I also now have all of my safety pins available to pin baste the next quilt, so hope to get that done once my binding is on, and the Tula Pink quilt is all cut out!

Come see what others are working on over at WIP at Freshly Pieced.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Becky. There are just days like that. I've spent the last 5 days picking lemons, plus the cooking and housework. Hmmf. I'd rather be stitching, but I figure that it keeps me physically fit. Done with lemons, anyway. LUV your granny quilt--the quilting is really gorgeous on it.

    ReplyDelete