Tuesday, May 28, 2013
Scrap Attack Quilt Finish!!
Over the long holiday week-end, I was able to finish my Scrap Attack Quilt! This quilt was started over a year ago as part of "Stitched in Color's" Scrap Attack Quilt Along. I used it to tackle my batik scrap bin. It's not only scrappy, but also a sampler of several block designs and quilting motifs. My camera really doesn't like the black and white contrast, so DH took a few shots at different exposures to "see" it.
The only thing that's not scrappy about it is the back! Is that funny or what? This fabric was a gift from one of my sister-in-laws who was cleaning out a basement, and let me go through her fabric before sending it to Goodwill! Sweet!
As mentioned in the prior post, I tried to make up a few of my own quilting designs. This "cells" design is my favorite!! I was finally able to use my Aurifil 40 weight thread for all of the quilting! I love it, and my Janome handled it beautifully. The top is all pieced with Aurifil 50 weight (as are most of my quilt tops).
Finally, I used a brilliant idea / tutorial that Melissa at Sew BitterSweet Designs recently shared. I used the monogram feature on my Janome to stitch a label into the binding! I LOVE this idea / technique! I will for sure be using this in future quilts!!
I'm also linking up with Melissa and Shanna's A Lovely Year of Finishes for the month of May! Come see what others have finished!