Wednesday, May 15, 2013

WIP Wed: Another Sea Star, Postcards, and Pole Vaulting



With this warmer weather, and a busy Spring, my sewing endeavors have all but come to a screeching halt.  I did manage to get May's "Lucky Star BOM" star finished.  I'm calling mine sea stars since I'm using Tula Pink's Saltwater.

I've fallen way behind in the Forest QAL, and just dug out my May Finish Along quilt yesterday to put it on top of the pile.


I did finish a few postcards for family.

Our biggest "finish", though happened Friday, as my 2 boys' track seasons came to an end.  I managed to capture this end-of-the-season picture of my oldest's very last (unsuccessful) attempt to clear 10 feet in pole vault.  He beat his personal record by a foot at this meet, and hopes to compete at the varsity level next year!  He also has a birthday this week, and will legally be able to start driving soon!  Any advice for those of you who have had teen drivers?!?!

Be sure to head over to Freshly Pieced WIP Wed to see what others are working on!  Lee and many others will be in Portland for the Quilt Market over the week-end.  I'm only a few hours away, but since it's open only to businesses, so I'll be watching from my "screens"... If you're going, have fun!!

3 comments:

  1. Fun postcards and new star - need to get going on mine! And congrats to your son - lots of exciting stuff going on for him. When our kids started driving we gave them a radius - ie. 15 miles (I really don't remember how many.) or whatever. And we had them take an "I won't drink and drive" pledge - signed - that was kept posted on the fridge for as long as they were living at home. (Is that too random?) It's great though having another driver in the house! They like to run errands for you just so they can use the car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful star block! Your postcards are really cute.

    ReplyDelete