Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Government Furlough and New Items in my Etsy Shop






I'm afraid I haven't been doing a whole lot of sewing lately.  Our family focus has been on the Government Shut Down, as my husband's US Forest Service paycheck is our sole source of income.  He was deemed "non-essential" on Monday, and sent home.  So instead of planning for the fall prescribed burning season, which would improve forest health and mitigate wildfire danger, he's home trying to navigate the Unemployment Website.  To say we're upset would be an understatement.

Sooo.... in the spirit of trying to scrabble by, lemonade, bright side, etc, I've put together some thread racks that I'm selling in my Etsy store.  I made some for myself a year ago, and recently needed more, so when we bought the materials, we bought enough to make a few dozen, and my husband helped refine and improve them.  We'll see how it goes...

Luckily, the fires that my husband worked on in Oregon and Colorado paid well, and for this we are extremely thankful.  We'll be fine for a while.  I'm always thankful at these times that we both have strong families who may not live close, but would help if needed.  Let's all hope that Congress gets its act together and figure out a way to govern.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that. I will say a prayer for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is stressful!!! to say the least. We're in the same leaky boat, so I'll help you bail!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really sorry about how this has affected your family too! Here's hoping it's over soon and blessings as you deal with the reality day to day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that you have been directly impacted by the government shut down. I think your thread containers look wonderful but alas I do not live in the US so cannot order one from you. :-(

    ReplyDelete