All of our snow is long gone, but before it all went away I made a few more batches of snow dyed fabric. I thought I'd share the results with you. I hope you find it as fascinating as I do. I'm already planning on experimenting with crushed ice dyeing, now that Spring is right around the corner.
I had a few yards of Kona white (maybe even Kona "snow") in my fabric stash. I decided to give it a try, this time, separating the colors a bit more to see how each one reacted individually.
Here's a close up.
I also decided to dye a few scraps I had of white print on white fabric. One pattern did quite well, the other became almost indistinguishable. For grins, I also threw in some cotton yarn to dye too, as seen drying in the picture below.
Finally, I tried out some 200 thread count white muslin that I was able to buy at a local store. The tight weave had my hopes up. This time I used mostly green with a few spots of purple.
But in the end it seemed to take up the least amount of dye, and showed the least "crisp" design in the fabric. Neither the Kona nor the muslin was "PFD". I don't know if that really makes a difference, as I prewashed them all, but for now, I'll be sticking with the Pimatex PFD cotton, and have already ordered a few more yards and some new dyes to play with.
The very first picture at the top of this blog post, shows all 3 together, from top to bottom, the Pimatex, the Kona, and the muslin.
I've also put a few fat quarters of the original batch of Pimatex cotton in my Etsy shop to see if there's any interest in it from buyers.