Thursday, May 24, 2012

Mountain and Beach Postcards

First of all, thank you SO MUCH to all of you who have left comments on my posts this week!  I'm so thrilled to send out the Pendleton wool to a winner!  The suggestions of things to make with the wool really should be sent to the Pendleton Company!  I've never been to their outlet in Portland, but get their Facebook feeds, and they have some great goodies and ideas there too.  They occasionally give away items too, so be sure to check them out!  On their website, the blanket weight wool that I'm giving away is 80 dollars a yard!  It's well worth it though, and it's been getting only more and more trendy and popular in recent years!  I LOVE all of the ideas of what people would do with it.  I have another big chunk that I finally decided I'm going to turn into a cover for our piano bench!  I'd love to make a nice purse too, and the Purse Palooza event at Sew Sweetness has really got me excited!!

With several swap postcards due at the end of the month, I finally sat down and started making a few postcards. 

I had such a fun time out in the woods recently, that I used a pictures in my last post as an inspiration to make up a few postcards to give to my kids' teachers.  They are such special people!

Here's the picture again:
The theme for the last round of postcards that Beth, of "Notes" put together is "Where I want to be".  I already planned out a nice beach scene, but those mountains would be equally suited.  I got these started:
The final swap (through Postcard Cottage Yahoo Groups)  is "retro aprons".  I still haven't started these! 

So what about you?  Where do you want to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment