Thursday, November 15, 2012

More Blocks for Hurricane Sandy Quilts


Just thought I'd share a few more blocks that I just put in the mail today for a group quilt that's being donated to Hurricane Sandy relief.  I signed up over at the Quilting Gallery, where Michelle has asked volunteers to sew up some of these scrappy log cabin blocks for quilts.

I decided to make mine Mardi Gras / New Orleans colors again (purple yellow and green).  As I sewed, I reflected and meditated at how Hurricane Katrina changed our family's life so much.  I now no longer have family there, and as the song goes, I "know what it means to miss New Orleans".  I know there are so many affected East Coast families who really are missing their homes right now.  Hopefully this quilt will bring a little bit of comfort into their lives.

With Thanksgiving right around the corner, I'm also very thankful for my own home that is stable and intact.

No comments:

Post a Comment