Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A Few More Goodies


I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas, or holiday season!  I thought I'd share a few more things I finished up for gifts this year...  These are little hanging pouches that a family member requested :-).  We decided to use them as containers for a small gift too.
I also got a call from the person who received the notebook cover that I last posted about. It is now the cover of a well-worn, cherished, family Bible that gets used every day.  She pronounced it "better than diamonds"!  Wow!  I don't think I can top that!

Not only do I enjoy making these gifts, but the fact that they are passed from hand to hand and often used every day, gives them a beautiful soul, or essence, or energy.  Whatever you call it, it's a great "raison d'êtra".


3 comments:

  1. Oh those are so pretty!! Great photos too. RIght on Becky! ; ))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice that they are used and not just put in a drawer!!! To 'stay nice'. The only gift I made this year was a rice bag!!! You go Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pouches are adorable! Wonderful to hear about how well received your notebook cover was - love your sentiment about how handmade gifts can gain a "beautiful soul, essence or energy". I'm going to remember that. :)

    ReplyDelete