Friday, December 21, 2012

Winter Solstice

I hope you all are having a great holiday season!  With the days so short this time of year, no wonder we all light so many trees and candles!

I thought I'd share a few last minute presents I've been working on.  This notebook cover is going to be a gift for a special person.  The tutorial is from Lee of Freshly Pieced, and can be found here.

I'm also making a bunch of these fabric containers meant to hang on walls as some of my presents.  I made up my own pattern so it's taking a bit longer, but I'm hoping to have them finished up soon, all in different colors.

I also saw this lovely book mentioned on a blog, and requested a copy from our library's inter-library loan program!  Oh library, how I love you, let me count the ways...  I'll be digging into it after these last few projects are complete!

How about you?  Do you have all of your shopping and making done?  I hope you all have a wonderful time together with family and friends!

2 comments:

  1. I just love the notebook cover - may use this as a last minute gift idea. I completely forgot about the Winter Solstice being yesterday! I love the inter-library loan program too AND e-book library loans on my iPad. Technology is wonderful, isn't it?
    I'm about to hit the mall but will balance it with a yoga class this afternoon. :)

    ReplyDelete