Monday, April 16, 2012

Rhinestones, Grannies, Hell's Canyon and more...

First of all, THANK YOU for all of you who have already followed me over here from my old blog to this one!  I appreciate it so much!!

While I was experimenting with heat set rhinestones this week-end, setting up my new blog, and trying to get a new Facebook page set up, here's where my husband and 2 boys were:
That's Hell's Canyon, on the border of NE Oregon and Idaho.  It's the deepest river gorge in North America.  That's the Snake River below, with Idaho on one said, Oregon on the other.

I love to camp, love to hike, but I'm kind-of a wimp when it comes to cold weather camping (something they also do without me), and backpacking (that's my son in the bottom right below).  But after seeing these pictures, I now wish I'd given it a try.  I told them that next time I'll go if they pick a flat, short, hike-in.  The boys said they were kind-of glad I wasn't there, because I would have been freaking out as they stood on all sorts of rock precipices and steep cliffs the whole week-end, uncorrected by their dad, and the other dads and boys who were with them.  I'm glad they got some important male-bonding in too :-).
Over the week-end, other than enjoying my rare solitude, watching a chic flick, and going out with some girl-friends, I made up a few granny squares (I LOVE that black center fabric),
and dusted off supplies for the Kindle cases that I make for my Etsy shop.  I've been neglecting it for a while now, and need to get my store back in shape.  I hope to start listing things there soon!
I'm linking up with "Sew Happy Geek's" Manic Monday Link party!  Be sure and hop over there to see what others have created over the week-end!

3 comments:

  1. Geeezzz.....I go and get sick and spend a couple of days lying around feeling sorry for myself and what do you do? You up and move. Well, you can't shake me that easily. :) :) :) I just put some photos on my blog that you'll appreciate. Good luck with your new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you! Congratulations on your new blog - great name. Wow, what a great weekend for you. :) The backpacking photos are gorgeous. Love what you are working on in the top photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Becky. I like your fabrics and blocks with the black background--very graphic. And congrats on getting your new blog up and rolling.
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete