Wednesday, August 8, 2012

WIP / Weedless Wed

This is the time of year, that my WIP's become edible LOL!  I still have most of these on my kitchen counter, waiting to be cut up and frozen!  I love how fresh and cheap produce is this time of year, and take full advantage of its abundance!  I've also been busy here:
and here:
We also lost a friend, neighbor, and co-worker's wife this past week, which has left us all in a sad mood, and kept us busy with the visitation, funeral, condolences, and preparations for these.  This friend was 50 years old, and left behind a husband and 3 children, so it's particularly difficult.  It's left me very reflective and once again, reminds me how each day is a real treasure.

I did manage to get a quilt back all sewn up for my now oldest WIP/UFO.  Here's the front, but you'll have to wait to see the back, because I decided to splurge, and send it off to my friend Marlene to do on her long arm!

I have another back almost finished for my next-oldest WIP/UFO.  Here's the top:
This is going to be a real "manly" quilt ;-).  With temperatures hovering around 100 here, I've decided to wait until the fall to quilt.  For now, my goal is to get backs made for all the rest of my WIP's, which now is only a half dozen or less!!!

As usual, I'm linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced WIP Wed.  Come see what others are working on!



2 comments:

  1. Food post yeay!! I like to add food in once in awhile too--we all eat right!

    All your quilts are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.... you didn't post about these quilts while they were being made did you? I really like the log cabin one! The garden is looking good as well. Good idea to wait a bit to quilt... We have had a real taste of northern hemisphere winter these last few days. Even snow flakes in Pretoria!!! Ummm don't miss the cold at all!

    ReplyDelete