Saturday, October 20, 2012

Binary Code Curtains FINISHED!


Despite a few obstacles, I'm happy to show you my finished son's "Binary Code" closet curtains!  They spell out his name in computer binary code, and no, I did not "fix" the "typo", so his name is all in lowercase, but he said that was fine. 

It feels so good to get this done, that I almost immediately started "Displacement Activity's" Pervalong".  I LOVE this quilt, and was going to double the size to make a big quilt.  I had the first set of blocks all drawn and cut out, and started paper piecing, before I realized that I did the first few blocks totally wrong (have you ever tried to rip out paper piecing?).  I also realized just how BIG this project is.  Sigh.  It's a good thing that I decided to use all stash fabric, because I may have to just let this one go.  Here's where they are right now:
Isn't that beautiful?  Here's where I am right now.
Maybe some day...



1 comment:

  1. Just keep going with your sew along... your quilt will be totally unique!!! and won't look like a dozen others! There are benefits to this process as well, not ripping out seams! Oh and it might even be better than the rest - or become the dogs bed, but its the joy of sewing right?

    ReplyDelete