Sunday, October 21, 2012

UFO Sunday: 2 finishes, and Modern Granny Progress

It's Sunday, so I'm linking up with Leah Day's "UFO Sunday" link up to help motivate me to get some of my UFO's done!  Since I finished a few things, I'm also linking up with Megan of Canoe Ridge Creations, at "Sew Modern Monday".

I did finish 2 projects this week, my Low Volume Quilt, and my son's Binary Code curtains!!

That just leaves me with my Modern Granny Quilt.  This has been one of the toughest quilts mentally to quilt.  It's so different than what I normally do that it's really got me having to think outside of the box, or block.

I decided to do a different quilt design in each section, and then echo the color stripes by quilting the same design in a few "negative spaces".  I'm having a hard time figuring out which designs I want where, so any suggestions are welcome!


8 comments:

  1. No help on quilting ideas here.... you might check out Pinterest - Jan Andrews & Karen Coombs - All About Quilting for some ideas.... There are some good ones ..... for filling space. Yours is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting looks amazing! Good for you on getting things done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great designs! I can imagine it was difficult to get that yellow line to align perfectly where it goes through the blocks. I'm not sure what to suggest as an additional design that would go with the flowing shapes you've got so far, perhaps Leah Day's Tree Roots?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice quilting and getting caught up with UFOs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finishes! As for quilting ideas, since you have stippling designs in the other negative spaces, I'd keep with that and go with zippling or sharp stippling :)

    ReplyDelete