Sunday, November 11, 2012

Tula Pink Sew Along: 3DTP Quilt


I'm a big fan of fabric designer, Tula Pink, and when I saw that Sara at Sew Sweetness was hosting a Tula Pink sew along, I knew I had to sew along!  I had a stash of Tula Pink fabric that I bought this fall just waiting to be cut up.  The only thing bad about this beautiful fabric though, is that I hate to cut into it.  I decided to focus on the fabric, and cut out large pieces for my quilt.  I've been wanting to make a 3D, or shadow quilt, for a while now, and decided this would be perfect!  I cut up all of the fat quarters I had into 8 inch squares, and started sewing away. 

I was really hoping to completely finish this by the deadline, but considering that the deadline is tomorrow, and only a quilt top is required (or another small project), I figured I'd better post the almost-finished quilt now.  All it needs is binding!!

Here's a few details, and check out how much of my ginormous spool of thread was left right at the end!  Perfect!!

1 comment: