Sunday, September 23, 2012
UFO Sunday: No more binding
Since I last posted at UFO Sunday, over at Leah Day's Blog, I finished binding all of the quilts that I had ready, including my New Orleans house, the Log Cabin Cat Quilt, and the "Yellow" Quilt. A big "YEA!!" 3 finishes!
My next 2 quilts are above, and over the week-end I've got the backs ready and the fronts and backs all ironed and ready. I hope to get them pin basted and hopefully start quilting them in the next week or 2. One is a small baby quilt for Project Linus, and the other is my "Low Volume Quilt" that I'm not sure what I'll do with.
Unfortunately this is how far I got with my Modern Granny Quilt, before experiencing much frustration. The only thread that seems to work on my machine is Isacord, but the nearest dealer is an hour away, and I don't have the right color. As soon as I tried sewing with cotton, my machine started skipping and breaking thread (again). It only happens with I go backwards. I think I've finally decided that it's more important for me to be able to quilt with thread I can get locally than to keep this machine, so I'm trying to figure what my next step is... For now, Modern Granny is going back in the UFO pile...