Wednesday, September 19, 2012

WIP Wed: Another Finish, and a Pencil Pouch


I just finished up the last of my quilts that needed binding!!  It feels great!  This (nameless) quilt was started about 3 years ago.  The yellow print is fabric that I bought so long ago, that I don't even want to guess at its age!  It's a very "art nouveau" style, which I adore.  Originally I didn't finish the quilt, because I didn't have enough of the yellow to make it as big as I had planned, and of course couldn't buy more. 

So I added the "leftover" blocks to the back of a smaller quilt!  It then took me a very long time to find a border fabric that matched.  Sometimes I find that these old stash fabrics have colors in them that are no longer even used anymore, at least in the fabric world.  That green and the peach flower, for instance.  I gave up trying to find a binding fabric that "matched", and just used some solid black. Tomorrow I plan to mail it off, to a special person.  It's 54 by 65 inches, a nice lap sized quilt!

Instead of starting a new quilt, I decided to start a fast and easy project.  My son asked my to BUY him a pencil pouch.  Ha!  Buy?  Me?  A pouch?  I used some of my Japanese echino fabric, and some old scraps of blue jeans as the liner, and he now has a pouch that he decided he didn't like.  Sigh...  So I've already adopted it.  I think it'll make a great place to store my colored pencils, or pens, or sewing notions, or???  I LOVE the way the old jeans "play" with the echino fabric, and may have to use this combination again!!

As usual, I'm linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced WIP Wed.  The next WIP's I hope to finish are my Modern Granny Quilt and the Low Volume Quilt that I just finished up! 

3 comments:

  1. You Go girl.... I'm tired just reading... Well I don't have any thing to do either.... all my stuff is in transit. But Air is due next week, so maybe I'll locate the hand quilting project... and a few other necessities!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a finishing fool! :)

    But um, "WIP Wednesday"? "I do not think it means what you think it means." (says Inigo Montoya) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete