Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!


I hope you all are off to a great start in 2013!  I thought I'd start the year off by showing you the quilt top that I finished for DH's birthday.  I'm linking it up with Fiber of All Sorts Year of Finishes!

This will help me accomplish one of my New Year's Resolutions... to finish up what I start!

I have enough fabric to add some borders to this, just trying to figure out what to do...

I'm also afraid that I have no clue how to make up one of those cute mosaics to show all of my 2012 finishes, but hey, I'm not really a backwards looking sort of person anyway.  I have always been one to focus on the future.  That's why I love New Year's Resolutions.

I hope to continue to become more computer-savy as well.

I also have stopped making any new tablet/ebook covers for my Etsy shop.  There are so many on there now, and all of the dimensions keep changing.  Plus, the price on them has gone so far down that I just can't compete anymore and make any money.

That leads to another resolution... trying to figure out where to go from here.  I'd like to make at least enough money to support my sewing habit, but just need to figure out how...

Of course I have a few other non-sewing resolutions... exercising more, eating better, etc, but those are my main New Year's goals.  What are yours?

I'll leave with a little picture of some of the ice and frost we've had lately!  So pretty!

5 comments:

  1. I'm thinking most of the world is thinking the same thing for GOALS in 2013!!! Nice quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your top is lovely!!! (Why add borders?) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. You can make one of those mosaics here: http://bighugelabs.com/mosaic.php

      'Cuz

      "Do not run through life
      so fast that you forget
      not only where you have been,
      but also where you are going."

      ;)

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous quilt! I love your goals. I need to figure out how to support my sewing habit too! Thank you for linking up and I can't wait to see your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great photo. I love ice photos, and they aren't that easy to find or to capture when you find them. Great top for your husband. I look forward to seeing you finish it this month!

    What if you focus more on local markets - craft fairs and boutiques and bazaars, or even a local quilt show? Their booths are generally inexpensive, and while some are for bargain hunters only, some are more fairly priced. Or what about taking orders for things from people who can't sew?

    ReplyDelete