Friday, January 11, 2013

Square2 Finished!


My first 2013 Project Quilting challenge is all done!!  The challenge this week is "square within a square.  It's 15" by 15", made with a rainbow of batiks I had on hand.
It is the second or third project that I've free motion quilted on my new Janome 6600, and I am just head over heels for this machine!  Unlike my Pfaff, it can handle any thread I put in it, which has opened up a world of even more possibilities!!  As you can see, it quilts beautifully!  I used a variety of designs, and even added a few little squares in the pebbling design, just for fun.

I got inspiration from my "idea folder"... a collection of notebooks, pictures and such that I file things into that may be future quilt designs.  I saw this sign a few years ago, and made note of it.

I found similar blocks in my EQ7 block library, which I was able to then enlarge, print, and foundation paper piece.  Here's a mock quilt with the design!

I'm so excited to again be a part of this fun challenge!!


14 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! One of my goals this year is to improve my paper piecing skills and also to act on things that inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you have used different quilting patterns on this project. A great start to 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilting, just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully cheerful piece, Becky! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty rainbow :) I love that there is a different quilting style in each color

    ReplyDelete
  6. a wonderful bright pretty entry for Project Quilting, and some lovely FM on it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love the colors, pattern, and the quilting. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! I love the colors, the pattern, and the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, beautiful! I love the rainbow. And your quilting looks fantastic! I think this would be really cool as a bigger quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Becky what a beautiful square in a square in a square....project! Love the free motion quilting you did too! I might have to print this pattern off in EQ!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely fabric choices and great quilting.I wish it was mine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really beautiful. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh very nice quilt!! Isn't it fun when those notebooks full of ideas pays off!! Great job pulling up an idea from the past and giving a great new life!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your square inside a square... inside a square inside a square.... love the twist and love your quilting for each square!

    ReplyDelete